[Harp-L] Mark Ford (from Mark Ford Pre-amp post)

Mark Ford's playing on vinyl (Arhoolie label, The Charles Ford Band) was a huge inspiration for me in the early '70's. He was eighteen years old, I believe, and was incredible on that recording playing with his brother, Robben Ford. "My Time After A While" was done in a powerful way.

  Thanks,
  Brian

  Blueharp1@xxxxxxx wrote:

  "I remember reading an interview with Mark Ford (this was easily 8 or so
years ago). He said was using an old ART solid state rackmounted
pre-amp.
And Huang Silvertone Deluxe harps! Cheap enough that he threw 'em away
after
one use!
Now he may have been joking, but I didn't get that impression...
Mark's a guy whose playing is relatively unheralded here on the list,
which
amazes me. I think he's among the most creative and dynamic players out
there.
He doesn't seem to run into "walls" when he plays; plays with great
passion
and  simply goes where he wants on the harp and always finds new and
interesting  pathways, much like Jason, Pat Ramsey and co.

Jeff G
denver colorado"

Finding fabulous fares is fun.