[Harp-L] Paull deLay

Just wanted to share my own personal Paul deLay story witht he list:

A few years ago my wife and I were visiting our kids just outside San Francisco.  I heard that Paul was going to be playing in a small bar in Portland so I convinced the little lady that he was one of the all time greats and worth the trip.  We left pretty early in the morning and traffic was terrible.  We were still a couple hours out of Portland at around 7PM and I was deathly afraid we would miss the show but we stopped at a rest area and got to a phone, called the bar and were delighted to find out that the show didn't really start until 9PM.  We made it with minutes to spare, but, alas, Paul had called in sick at the last minute and only his keyboardist and a jazz singer were there in his stead.  They were pretty decent and we had a good time, but there was no Paul and no harmonica.  Bummer!  I do have have most of his albums.  Just missed that "live" experience.
dave