Re: [Harp-L] Beginners mic and amp

joseph ginther wrote:
<just thought i would drop in on the bottle o blues mic, i bought
<mine on ebay last summer, i also have a shure green bullet, this mic <looks like a spice bottle, and when i showed it to a friend he seemed <amused, but let me say that i may not be a pro, but this thing gets it <done just as well or better possibly and if you don't have a strong <hand to hold it for a long time, then this baby is light as a feather <and narrower so easy to get cup effects,,,i hooked to a danelectro <nifty fifty and a new pignose 40, it gets the sound that blues guys are <looking for, and it is a deal in my opinion

I agree that the B'oB is a good mic. It's unusual looking--it is actually made from a clear plastic spice bottle--but the build quality is good, the ergonomics are great, and it's got its own attractive sound. At $35 new it's a very good deal for a better than average harp mic.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s at http://www.broadjam.com/rhunter