[Harp-L] beginner gear?

Any newbie'd love some cool gear, but why not just have her try OPG (other people's gear) for now?

The main thing I'd urge is for her to spend lotsa time (years!) playing unamplified - in stairwells, barns, car, bathrooms, beaches, anywhere,  getting her own acoustic tone down.

I sometimes hear newbies with groovy gear, they can get some good tone with it, but often not without it.  Too bad.

Ain't blues all about personal tone and guts, anyway?

-Dave Fertig