Re: [Harp-L] Jonesin for another mike

Bob Laughlin wrote:
> I own two mikes
> <snip>
> I'm not entirely satisfied with either
> <snip>
> Any suggestions?
> <snip>
> I know it's not the mike, but the man,,but I'm looking for a mike.

Okay, I admit to being a bit eccentric about this, but I own about
20 mics.  I have two Astatic JT-30s (one's a VC), a T3, and a 10D.
I own a Shure 545 and a Slim-X.  I own an EV-634, a 924, a 630, a
607, and an RE-10.  I have a couple of Lafayette Slim-X clones.  I
have a Geloso M-61.  I have a Sennheiser e604.  I got most of these
mics for a song, so to speak, off ebay.  Mics are almost as cheap to
collect as harps, so buy a bunch of them until you find what you
like.  I wouldn't go anywhere without my e604 anymore, and with all
this to choose from, I play it pretty much exclusively.

Buy 'em and try 'em, that's what I say.

-tim