[Harp-L] Re: plagarism

Glenn wrote:

"I heard a well known harmonica player last weekend
and found that this person was taking solos
note-for-note from Sonny Boy II and Little Walter and
inserting them into other songs without attribution,
therefore passing them off as original improvisations.
I consider this musical plagarism, probably commited
to cover up a deficiency in improvising.  Does anyone
agrees that this would constitute plagarism?  It is
almost certainly a copyright violation. I don't want
to name this person at this point."

It's great that you didn't name that person to save
them the embarrassment.  Although, if you turn their
copying ass in maybe there will be a reward.

Blues is a traditional folk music that is passed from
generation to generation.  Each generation adds to
what previous generations have done.  That includes
Little Walter and both of the Sonny Boy Williamsons.

If it bothers you, listen to something else.  You will
likely have a difficult time finding any truly
original music that is not influenced by anyone else.

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/