Fwd: [Harp-L] plagarism

I don't know about plagarism -- I'm no lawyer; but I sure think it's
in bad taste, remembering what Glenn said -- especially the "note-for-
note" part (and played in a different song, as if it were your own
improv. and not acknowledging what you did.  It's a bit hard to
imagine that it would be unconscious "admiration" if it were really
note-for-note.  Based on Glenn's description, I don't think chord
progressions or 3-note licks are really apt comparisons.  (But, hell,
I can't even play my solos note-for-note!)
--jk

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Glenn Weiser"
<celticguitar1@...> wrote:

I heard a well known harmonica player last weekend and found that
this
person was taking solos note-for-note from Sonny Boy II and Little
Walter
and inserting them into other songs without attribution, therefore
passing
them off as original improvisations. I consider this musical
plagarism,
probably commited to cover up a deficiency in improvising. Does
anyone
agrees that this would constitute plagarism? It is almost certainly a
copyright violation. I don't want to name this person at this point.

-Glenn Weiser