Re: [Harp-L] Searching for Half-Valved Players - location of overbent notes

Phil -

The problem with your overblow logic - that you overblow C to get Eb -
is that it's based on a faulty premise. An overblow does not make a
blow reed jump some inconsistent distance. The blow reed has nothnig to
do with it. You overblow a draw reed to get a note one semitone higher:

Hole 1:  You overblow D to get Eb.

Hole 2:  You overblow G to get Ab.

Hole 3:  You overblow B to get C.

Hole 4:  You overblow D to get Eb.

Hole 5:  You overblow F to get Gb.

Hole 6:  You overblow A to get Bb.

Hole 7:  You overdraw C to get Db.

Hole 8:  You overdraw E to get F.

Hole 9:  You overdraw G to get Ab

Hole 10: You overdraw C to get Db

All overblows are consistently a semitone above the reed of the
opposite breath.

An overblow is always a semitone above the draw reed that produces it.

An overdraw is always a semitone above the blow reed that produces it.

Admittedly that is less direct that bending Blow E down to Eb. But the
logic of finding overbent notes is perfectly consistent and easy to
grasp.

Winslow