Re: [Harp-L] Melody Maker tuning
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Melody Maker tuning
- From: "Chesper Nevins" <chespernevins@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:38:50 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=JqGrSH2EhY5NE0yzkrAFJDzUjU+8N2O+G7ye9N7EIkzzQZqRjE78aFTEU0eSiut5kiH4sp/ZclUEQKCUuYM0vRIoad4Z3rl7fmNqpFHX0nogDD/1NnPwTN9WctxsLaB6knZlcbHbtB6s70hWeMi3tnAwYub5m4MrFwabwoD28h4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=LJJhxxLSQlIVjhYsucpVnlNqCozjIwHY/IVHOl/dDN2JZ+bWGUl1cnN7yoFyp4GWIOC0BN+u7XvvuOAYIHyuIrlwzWTUHU7p6zgaPjFjNl4uRO3AscmktwPv8z6jIGgv3D55w3Ozp4kfEQLxlfoeQUhIbg975X3Lqs1tyxeE94M=
- In-reply-to: <BAY116-F27C0D74BD7A52271497DDBD11E0@phx.gbl>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <BAY116-F27C0D74BD7A52271497DDBD11E0@phx.gbl>
Yes. I see your point Michael.
BTW, to clarify, my intention was not to criticize or correct - just
to share observations of the music and discuss the nitty gritty of
what chords are available...
I was wondering if jazz circles use "#" or "+" as a sharp, but maybe
other circles use +9 as "add 9", meaning regular 9?
I guess I see "#" or "+" and would think "sharp" either way. What
does a + mean for you then? Just augmented as in an augmented chord?
Anyway, great recording.
On 6/15/07, Michael Peloquin <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From: "Chesper Nevins" <chespernevins@xxxxxxxxx>
>>big Major 7+9
>(I was listening for the "major 7 sharp 9" at the end wondering what
>that might be, but I see now that it's a Maj7 with a 9...)
Chester & all,
common chord notation would be Cmaj9
the major 7 note in the chord is implied
+9 is not the best way to say raised 9th
IMO #9 is better
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/harpsax
Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i'm Initiative now.
It's free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07
Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and