Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Brendan Power

I have to chime in on this... I am a huge fan of Brendan's playing,
perhaps before New Irish Harmonica as I recall, but certainly
afterwards. To me, Brendan demonstrated with this recording that the
harmonica is fully conversant in Irish/Celtic music, and Brendan can
certainly hold his own in that setting (and many others, as the breadth
of his music will show). Brendan also toured with the Riverdance show
for a period and recorded an album of Riverdance music that is also
highly recommended in my book (think what you will of the show itself
--I find it hokey-- but the music for harmonica is very cool).

I for one am delighted to find him here on harp-L.

Howard Parks