Re: [Harp-L] re: half-valving, big band tuning & Liz Reed

On Jun 14, 2007, at 9:56 PM, <4coogans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree with Brendan all the way.
I use 1/2 valved CX-12's tuned:
Blow: A C E G
Draw: B D F# A
I call it a dorian tuning, but it's the same as Magic Dick's major sixth tuning (Big-band), starting on the sixth.
Works for me, has become my main axe.
BTW, Liz Reed lays great on this tuning, including huge chords on the vamp.
Just $.02 from a week-end warrior in Gator country.
- Ed Coogan
Gainesville Fl.

Weekend warrior my A$$. Hey, everyone, this guy can flat blow everyone's doors off. I know, it happened to me. lol

smo-joe