Re: Re: [Harp-L] music and perception

IcemanLE@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Some artists are adding the hiss, crackle and pop to their CD releases to
> give it that vintage sound - Portishead being one of them. Never thought I'd get
>  nostalgic about this sound.

musicians are a silly bunch.

on the other hand, i vaguely recall that when the US phone network went digital,
callers found the lack of noise on the line disconcerting: it sounded like the line
was dead.  so they ended up adding back some digitized noise.  a "comfort sound",
if you will.

note:  this could be apocryphal.  i heard it perhaps a decade ago.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.