While in Sao Paulo, Brazil, check out:

Bourbon Street Music Club
http://www.bourbonstreet.com.br/
telephone: (5511) 5095-6100
Rua dos Chanés 127
Moema, Sao Paulo
01240-010 Sao Paulo
Brazil

I’ve played there several times, and it is a fine place for music.

There are several fine harp players in Sao Paulo. Here are a few:

Big Chico
http://www.bigchico.com.br

Robson Fernandes
http://www.robsonfernandes.com

The Prado Blues Band
http://www.pradoblues.com

Sergio Duarte & Entidade Joe
http://www.sergioduarte.com.br

Yes, Sao Paulo can be a dangerous place but so is New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. if you are in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time...

Peter Madcat Ruth madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.madcatmusic.net

Bill Hines wrote:

I'll be in Sao Paulo Brazil Sunday 6/17 to Thurs 6/21, basically from
the travel warnings I'm receiving I'll be hiding under my bed in the
hotel when I'm not working, but by chance if anyone knows of anything
worthwhile (and safe) related to harp or blues going on there let me
know and I'll consider it if my bodyguard is up for a drive.