[Harp-L] American Harmonica Newsmagazine-chordomonica

By the way, if any of you did not get the news, American Harmonica
Newsmagazine ceased publication after the owner died in Sept-Oct 2005.

I received an e-mail today from Seydel (Newsletter No 014) with information
about special tunings that are available. This is for the Blues Models
(10-hole) and Pro12 (12 hole) and Chromatic-DeLuxe.

This seems like the perfect solution if you want a special tuning but don't
or can't do it yourself. Plus, you're starting with new parts -- instead of
retuning an "old" harp that may have other problems.

Also, recently, I received a letter asking about the availability of
Chordomonicas. To my knowledge, nobody makes them any more in either of the I or II
configurations. But I do know that Seydel makes a variation of the Chordomonica
I (?) if you specify the notes/chords you want.

If you want a chordomonica, the German company Seydel will make a brand new
one from scratch like their 12-hole Chromatic Deluxe.

This would be like a Chordomonica I (?) -- that is like a retuned standard
chromatic, instead you can have   access to four reed plates one plate blow-draw
with button out and one plate blow-draw with button in. This is a brand new
harp. I have no connection with Seydel but I have two of these harps. One is
7th chords for key of C and another for key of G. Chords in C: C7 , G7, F7,
dim 7. The I, IV V chord in dom 7th (flat 7th) tuning. The C7 tuning is C E G Bb
  C E G Bb C E. I bought mine a couple of years ago (?).

Go to this web site and download a PDF order form to stipulate the notes you
want in your tuning. You send if off and they will tell you within 3 days if
they can do it and how much it will cost.

http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=239309

Phil Lloyd

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.