[Harp-L] RE: Peavey Harp Mic

I saw the Peavey Harp Mic at the NAMM Show in
January.
I looks just like the ?Superlux D112C?.  As I
recall, it was green like the Shure, and it has a
special connector that connects the cable to the
body.  I didn?t get a chance to try it out, but
then again, I?m pretty happy with what I?ve got.

As an aside, I was told by the head of the audio
dept that Peavey has a team of engineers in the
amp dept. working on a harp amp.  A short time
later I was contacted by Peavey for input as to
what I thought a harp amp should have, or be?I
told them to get hold of a Sonny Jr. SJ410 and a
Harpgear II.  Study those, and come with something
about the size of the Harpgear amp, with the power
and tonal palette of the SJ410 for half the price
of the Harpgear amp and they wouldn?t be able to
make them fast enough to keep up with demand.
Since then I have not heard anything...

Steamin' Stan
(Proud owner of both the aforementioned amps).

************************
?Richard Hunter? wrote:

"John Sturm" wrote:
<Has anyone seen a Peavey Cherry Bomb harp mic
yet? My Peavey rep was
<here and says that they a introducing a harp mic.
I asked him about
<details and  he really didn't know much.

Axe Music's web site has a placeholder for this
mic
(http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosi
tion=1&P_ID=14264&PT_ID=165).
They don't have it in stock, nor a photo of it.
Peavey's web site
doesn't mention it.

So it must not be out there yet.  I'll be
interested to see it.  A mic
is the second-to-least expensive thing you can buy
(the least expensive
being a decent delay pedal) to get a new,
different, and usable sound
out of the harp.  This one will apparently sell
for about $109.  I hope
it's not just a re-packaged Audix Fireball--I've
already got one of those.

This is the second mass manufacturer (Audix being
the first) to release
a mic designed expressly for harmonica players in
the last year or so.
Pretty interesting.  We talk a lot on this list
about how harp players
don't have prospects, don't get no respect, etc.,
etc.  But two major
manufacturers have apparently decided that there
are enough harp players
out there to make investing in product development
for harp players
worthwhile.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com