Re: [Harp-L] Funk Vocab C D Eb E G A C - correction to my correction
- To: Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Funk Vocab C D Eb E G A C - correction to my correction
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:44:31 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=LeJA2lq88QJ1WUU0gCwhxa/qI9DsRHAHbvaX9F0KANKN7T0mKr+c0hx96ZWUu3UnRnpBLe343V6A28HokCguIkKzcdpecJKF305xO7GY6Ql08FFkK+jCU/588QSYo1NAw3ZzecfN0AIQ/EAsa4oWR3Gdq6EzvE5YM7mrHPN3/LA=;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A correction to my correction:
A blues scale, first mode:
A C D Eb E G
A blues scale, second mode (C as tonal center)
C D Eb E G A
The first mode is often combined with the third mode, but with the
first mode based on the same note as the second mode.
For instance, if we take the A blues scale, and base it on C (i.e. the
C D Eb E G A
and then combine that with a blues scale on C (first mode):
C Eb F Gb G Bb
We get this combined scale:
C D Eb D F Gb G A Bb
--- Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rick -
> Sorry. I was referencing a statement made by the previous poster, and
> that made my statement unclear when read first.
> Let me restate clearly.
> The A blues scale, first mode:
> A C D Eb E G
> The A blues scale, second mode:
> C D Eb E G A
> These two modes are commonly combined, using the second mode as tonal
> center (C in this instance).
> --- Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Winslow;
> > How is this the 'second mode' of the A blues scale?
> > looks to me like a standard pentatonic blues scale with the added
> > flat
> > fifth (hexatonic? sexatonic?) If that's the second, what's the
> > RD
> > >>> Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> 8/06/2007 5:50:50 >>>
> > This is the second mode of the A blues scale:
> > A C D Eb E G
> > If we center it on C we get:
> > C D Eb E G A
> <rest snipped; refer to the original post>
> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck
in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and