[Harp-L] Magic Dick Tunings

I pulled out "Bluestime" for the first time in a while and tonight on a whim I decided to try making one of Magic dick's tunings, the Big Band in particular.
The archives were pretty scant on the subject when the two Bluestime records came out in 94ish and 96. So...
What tunes does Dick use his special tunings?
What keys?
And what positions are they usually played in?

The notes to both CDs give a little info but no definitive answers.

I made a Big Band with a C harp even though I didn't think it is used on any of the Bluestime CDs. I just had it laying around so that's the one I picked. And I thought second position would be the most common for these altered tunings but with the Big Band at least it's played in third, I think? So is a Big Band in C played in 3rd position (D) what Dick uses on "Full Court Press"?

Ryan

Get a preview of Live Earth, the hottest event this summer - only on MSN http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthhm