Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball V mic

Hi,

Some more info on this mic...

I chatted with Norton Buffalo a couple of months ago and he mentioned that he received in mail thic mic from Audix. It was Audix V. Naturally I requested for his feedback. And Norton replied in a while that he used that mic during the whole concert performance with Steve Miller. He usually uses his favoites Shure Beta58s customized by himself. So, he said that Audix V was the first mic he used without any problems in terms of frequency curve features (didn't need EQ)  and feedback.  He also said that Audix V was a little warmer that his Betas (Norton usually holds mic in hand) but that was ok and he felt confident playing concert to the end with no probs.

The only unusual thing for him was the volume control placement but that's rather because he was used to his own mics where volume control is put in the middle of the mic handle. So, I guess it's a matter of time to get used to it. In general, very positive comments.

hope it helps,

Alex