Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball V mic

"the volume output from this mic is much lower than my other mics"

Are you sure you're using a lo-z to hi-z converter with the mic if you're plugging it into something that expects hi-z? If not, that would make it pretty low volume-wise. But you probably already knew that, just a sanity check. Not that you're insane :^)

For some reason, mine is real low too when used with the wireless unit, I have to crank the amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb) up real high, much higher then when I'm not using the wireless and use the mic cord with the lo-z to hi-z transformer. So I wonder if the SO40 transmitter that I plug into the mic with the wireless is actually sending a lo-z signal or something. We went through this discussion a while ago when I asked the question here and it's *not* the battery, I checked this with a new battery.

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA