[Harp-L] Growl on the harmonica

Winslow talked of a growl on the harmonica:

have successfully imitated the growl (by this I mean a continuing rasp
in a note from beginning to end -

Fairly easy to produce if you can do a uvular "R" in your throat as you play both blow and draw. I learned from the record by John Sebastian Sr. - Profile - where he uses it to imitate the trumpet in Gershwin's American in Paris. A draw rapid tongue trill also works on the draw but not so well on the blow.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com