[Harp-L] Hohner 560/20 Special 20(MS) vs 565/20 Cross Harp (MS)

Hi there

Can anybody explain what happened to the ' Hohner 560/20 Special (MS)
harp' and why they are not being produced anymore, please? Has this harp
basically been superseded by the Cross Harp(MS)?

FYI >> I have been using different diatonics extensively for over 25
years. Among those, high-key (E-F#) 20 Special (MS) harps have become
favorites for high pace synth rock/ techno pieces. (Sound samples are
available on request - off list). As you know, even these amazing harps
still require numerous modifications: e.g. (especially for high speed
playing) chopping off and smoothing readplates edges, gapping blow reads,
alter standard tuning, etc. Many of my 20 Special (MS) harps use harmonic
& natural minor tuning, which works very well with modern techno /dance
music.

Kind regards, Kurt

Kurt Mueller | Identity Services | Information Technology Group |
Department of Internal Affairs
M: 027 4548995 | DDI: +64 04 4748042 | Ext:: 8042| Email: Kurt.Mueller@xxxxxxxxxxx