[Harp-L] responsiveness - Hohner Cross Harps, Meisterclass, MS harps

In a message dated 6/4/2007 7:24:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Are they  still made with that  'gold' coated plastic comb? Well ... that was
the  main problem with mine.

 Yes, Cross Harps still have the gold plated combs.   That doesn't bother me
as long as the harps play  well.   These harps came from an ebay sale and
include some Pro  Harps that were poor.  A while back it was revealed that
originally Pro  Harps were of the handmade series but later became MS.  And Fernando
said  that the quality of manufacture has improved since those days.  Thank
goodness.
  Today I inspected a few of the gaps and these harps  are in need of
gapping.  The gapping is inconsistent.  Some gaps are  huge.  No wonder they are airy.
  I see no indication that these reedplates are MS.  I see no  code stampings
on these plates.  Were Cross Harps originally  classic/handmade reedplates?
ron