RE: [Harp-L] Bill Hines

Wow, thanks Mike! To tell the truth, I think anyone could sound good
through Mike's killer rig. Man did that thing scream and it sounded
unlike anything I have played through to date, and I've played through a
lot of stuff. I thought for a moment it wasn't really me I was hearing.
Amazing what a great vintage system in good upkeep can sound like.

I joked with the band after that it was just stunning to me that
everyone was actually playing the same song, unlike at the jam, haha.
Mike doesn't do lessons but unbeknownst to him he's been mentoring me
every time I came to hear him since I love his tone/style so much. To be
honest I think I played over my head Friday night, it seems to be up and
down at this stage, some good nights and some bad ones, but there was
some adrenaline at play there because while I don't mind screwing up at
the jam, I didn't want to let Mike and the band leader down and I had
some family/friends in the audience too. Mike's band is just amazing all
the way through, they went to the IBC finals in Memphis and did very
well (they was robbed I tell ya!).

I'd also say that everyone here on harp-l had a part in my growth so
far, as well as Jon Gindick, Dennis Greunling, Jason Ricci, David
Barrett, Dane Paul Russel, Pete Sheridan, James Day and folks like that.
I think Garry Hodgson an I both started about the same time and when I
heard some of his stuff I was like "dang, he's way out there", and it's
not a competition, not in the least interested in that sort of thing,
but I'd at least like to keep up with you Garry!

It was such a great experience, probably my high point so far. I enjoyed
the moment, then Mike took the wheel again and there was the reality of
how much I really still have to learn!

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA

<ps way behind on harp-l posts due to work overload, hope to catch up
soon!>
<pss smo-joe, nice nickname but after hearing those ketchup jokes all my
life I'll pass on "57", haha. Jimmy Day must have been checking out my
rap sheet with "High Crimes", I was just going through some old
scrapbooks yesterday with an old military buddy looking at the old
citations, court appearances, etc. I'm just an honest citizen now but I
like "High Crimes"!>