Re: [Harp-L] does the (dis)appearance of the harp hurt its popularity?

Irving Kolodin of the 'Saturday Review' (cited in Kim Field's "Harmonicas, Harps, and Heavy Breathers" p. 82) once reviewed Larry Adler's performance, and wrote the following:

"The best way to listen to the harmonica ... is to close the eyes and disassociate the sight from the sound. In the round, with Adler teetering on tiptoes to reach a reluctant reed, opening and closing his cupped hands to approximate the swell box of the organ, throwing in body English where all other resources failed, it seemed too much a losing battle for any reasonable enjoyment."

:D

Zvi