[Harp-L] Greg Heumann / BlowsMeAway Productions

As a huge fan of the Shure 545 microphones, I decided to send my three 545's mics off for a few custom mods by Greg Heumann of BlowsMeAway Productions. I love the 545's for many reasons, feedback resistant, can sound clean or dirty, can really cut through the band with three guitars and are great vocal mics. I first e-mailed Greg to see what he could do and he suggested a volume control, making the mics Hi Z and installing old style screw on connectors. I've seen his work on his web site and it looked damned nice to me. Sent them off and Greg immediately went to work on them. The guy is a master machinist and the work he did was incredible. He keeps you very informed of the mic rebuild and even sends pictures. The turn around is very fast and needless to say I am very pleased with the mods. The volume controls he adds makes a huge difference playing in the band now, playing low or blasting when I choose. No more low Z adapter or xlr connectors. Just wanted to give praise where praise is due. Of course he does all kinds of other harp mic mods. I have no affiliation with BlowMeAway Productions, just a very pleased customer.         http://www.blowsmeaway.com/