Re: [Harp-L] Gunslingers? Where? Should I duck?

In a message dated 7/28/2007 8:51:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I dunno,  Larry. My recent experience at SPAH doesn't support  your
predictions.

Could it be that extolling the glorious past  of your involvement while
making negative and purely speculative comments  on upcoming events not
of your involvement is itself a form of  gunslinging?

Maybe I was unclear in my comments, as I tend to post short and sweet.
Nothing I stated said that the "Gunslinging" exists at SPAH shows currently or  in
the recent past. Nothing I stated in any way denigrated the acoustic blues
jam. Perhaps by saying "Not Cutting Heads Harmonica Blow Off" was  misleading.

I was responding to the "Head Cutting" concept by stating that, even if it
isn't called one, to set it up as outlined would open to door to this attitude,
 a negative energy that would not be conducive to advancing and promoting the
 harmonica. I believe that this opinion was supported by others who posted
on this list.

Your last paragraph I will take as a personal opinion and not as a  subtle
round about public poke.

The Iceman