[Harp-L] Re: Head Cutting

In following up  with Joe, whoever the Judges may be, it could not be even
close to being a  relatively good idea. Just because overblowers want this, how
is someone going  to be able to judge all the styles that could be
represented. Such as Sonny  Terry style, no OB has a clue as to how that Actually should
be played, or other  styles. Joe F. might, but again it would be everyone's
personal bias. I don't  see why certain individuals continuously feel the need
to be out in front, or  have to be called, The Best. No one can hit a note like
Big Walter, who  played few notes, but their saw like vibrato is no match for
BW's thick tone. No  one is better, just different. Just let people have a
good time, that was the  whole beginning theme I thought of SPAH. I have been
talking with Tom and Paul  and God willing I will be doing a seminar there next
year on ST style and  amplification for the lay person, any amp, plus have my
own there. While I agree  that playing together with someone in harmony is a
beautiful thing, it  brings out more in you,  like when I play with Lee, there
are no egos,  neither of us is trying to outdo the other, we just blend
spirits. That, to me,  is what it is all about. I am sort of glad I am not going
this year if this is  what it is all about.