[Harp-L] 46 Long (Blake Taylor)

On Jul 17, 2007, at 3:36 PM, 46long Blake wrote:

Hey list
Well, we've finished the latest 46 Long CD, "Time's Right".  It will be
available soon on CD baby. It's been a  long process, as we're just
two guys with day jobs and young kids, and we did the whole thing ourselves.
That said, we're quite proud of it overall.

Anyway, we've posted a few of the songs on our myspace site
(http://www.myspace.com/46long). One of them is a cover of "Put a Spell
on You" - done with a very stripped down arrangement with just acoustic
guitar, vocals and harp, and we took some liberties with the musical
arrangement for mood's sake. Anyway, the ambition part - I use three different keyed
harps in the song at different points (low D, A, D). There have been a number
of people debating the merits of using different harps over the "showoffs" who
can do it all on a C. I think, in my own amateur way, that harp switching works pretty
well here. Feel free to give it a listen, and I welcome all gushingly positive responses
...and perhaps some others as well. Thanks, and enjoy!

Blake

Blake Taylor
http://46long.com
http://www.myspace.com/46long

My wife and I were able to see 46 Long perform this past Saturday night at Wild Bill's
in Lebanon, OH. For a duo they put out a great sound and a very good show.
Blake plays a mean harp. I was very impressed with the diversity of his licks.

I also purchased their new cd, "Time's Right". It is very good and they should be very
proud of it. For a couple of "amateurs" both Blake and Jonathan sound very professional.

Denny