Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH Updates

Hi Paul:

It's terrific to hear about all the SPAH updates.  A lot of the names  are
new to me, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing them.  That's a  lot of
the fun of SPAH.

Fantastic news about Jason...though him actually being "on vacation" is
something I'll believe when I actually see him relaxing (and not  in perpetual
teaching mode)  ;)   It's really lovely when  SPAH recognizes the contribution of
so many good people like him.

 It'd be wonderful if the Jason Ricci "Annual Harp-Blow-off"  the night
before SPAH really does continue yearly....it's such an  exciting lead-in to SPAH
for so many of us, and not only for Blues  Players (as you know).

 I'd encourage players who want to hear jazz and other downright good  music
as well as Blues harp playing to come out to The HighBury Pub on the  Tuesday
Night.  The Blow-Offs are always such fun.  If one does a  Google search, the
place looks really nice.  Veddy "British" Soccer Pub  style.  Also a great way
to meet, mix and mingle with some of the  same SPAH folks over the next few
days..and just a short cab or shared  rental car trip from the Hotel.  Even
showing up at 10p.m. wouldn't be out  of line if one doesn't get to Milwaukee
till then (we've arrived that  late before).  It makes for a very enjoyable
evening.

Winslow's seminar (among so many others) sounds amazing, the Filisko
teach-ins too, and I'm quite looking forward to seeing the Millers in person as  well
as the other more famous players.  I'm especially excited by the Jazz
Seminar...MY big problem will be finding myself torn between the Jazz Club and  the
Blues Jam...and only hope they don't overlap too much :)

I thought you couldn't top Denver...but this one sure seems to be shaping  up
to be one of the best SPAH's yet!  Kudos....

Elizabeth
"Message: 7