Re: [Harp-L] What's up with bushman Delta Frost's

When I adjusted my Delta Frosts, I found the same thing and after while, they seemed too 'tight'. I experimented recently and when I opened the gaps on the blow reeds, I liked the way they played and sounded much better. As always, your experiences may not end up the same.
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
a fool for the harp in Minnesota

-----Original Message----- From: J Compton <jofjltn4@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 3:50 pm Subject: RE: [Harp-L] What's up with bushman Delta Frost's

I'm still waiting for the reed plates I ordered in March 2007. I vaguely recall
the last update being that they would be available sometime in August.

On an unrelated note (since I seem to abhor uni-threaded discussions), has
anyone else done reed arcing/gapping work on a DF? I've done it to three DF so
far and each time, although they played "tighter/better", each of them lost that
DF grittiness that I liked so much about the DF. Are there special
considerations when tweaking a DF?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:59:16 -0700> From: garybond@xxxxxxx> To:
harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] What's up with bushman Delta Frost's> > I
put in an order in with Harp Depot at the beginning of June of which > they sent
me two DF's right away, when I couldn't get any response from > them about the
rest of my order I canceled it and went with Bushman on > the 25th of June
thinking I would get faster turn around. I can get > neither harps and/or reed
plates nor response from them either. Were > they at SPAH? Does anyone know
what's up? Is there production problems > or something. I really like the Delta
Frosts but that does add up to > much if I don't have any to play.>