Re: [Harp-L] Soaking Harps...

Bad Manners?  Fugheddiboudit.

I got a chuckle.  No need to apologize to me BiscuitBoy.  I tend to agree.
I just play the darned thing.  I do take 'em apart and tweak'em now, thanks
to gaining some confidence to do so by members of this list.  And have
completely ruined a couple of dead beaters in the drawer - no loss.  And
made a few dead beaters playable.  It's a mixed bag.  And I'm geting better
at it.

I do a tune up on my car and truck when needed, so I figger I should learn
how to do a tune up on my harps too.  But I don't give much of a damn how
many microns of clearance the pistons in my ford have to the cylinder walls
when it's cold, and the difference in clearance when it's warmed up.  I just
hit the gas and go.

I used to soak my Blues Harps too.  In my pitcher of beer.  True story!  And
when the wood swelled, I trimmed it with a razor.  I played the S**t out of
those harps.  And they played a hell of a lot better when they were soaked.
And I never gave a thought to what anybody else thought about it.  As long
as I got some "Yeah's" from the audience when I finished a solo, that's all
I cared about.  And still do.

Some folks like to hash out the minutiae.  Let them have at it.  While
they're discussing how many microns, I think I'll grab a harp and go out
back and play some tunes.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!