RE: [Harp-L] Re: Soaking harps

Siegfried wrote:
Yes, absolutely, every teacher for physics will confirm but not all harp
players. They often have that philosophy you mentioned in your
example of cleaning the car windows:

< My car always seems to run better after I have
< washed the windshield. >

Yes, and the same goes for soaked harps by one these numerous
described procedures AND for warming harps too.

All I can say is that warming my two chromatics makes all the difference. I use a Hohner 270 and a Hering 1248, each one only occasionally in an evening, and keeping them warm transforms their playability. Theory about cold air and the rest is fine, but for me what works is the thing I want, and keeping 'em warm works. I believe in ball lightning too because I've seen it.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk