Re: [Harp-L] Soaking harps

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Deifik" <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Soaking harps

But I'm also the Gilligan of lots of stuff, so my mouth keeps going. If cold were to affect shape of the reeds in any way, wouldn't their very thinness cause them to be more affected than the thicker plate?

No. Everything expands/shrinks proportionally as a % of its linear dimension. Think of the whole reedplate with its reeds and slots being printed on a sheet of rubber. Then the rubber is stretched or unstretched by 10 ppm/degF.

Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com
Vern