Re: [Harp-L] Soaking harps

Ken Deifik wrote:
<I have a harp whose responsiveness
<leaves alot to be desired, and which I unfortunately need to use. I'm
<going to stick it in the fridge tonight and see how it performs in the <morning.

It'll probably perform pretty badly until it warms up. When your hot breath hits the cold reeds, moisture from your breath will condense on the reeds, making them wet, sluggish, and perhaps completely unresponsive.

This is why Robert Bonfiglio warms his harps with a small electric blanket or heating pad before he performs. You want the reeds to be as warm as your breath to prevent condensation.

If you perform with a tube amp, laying the harps on top of the amp will probably do the job.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter