Re: [Harp-L] Soaking harps

Derrrh......that's what I'm not sure about Ken. Lemme get a good night's
sleep and I'll think again (I'm southern hemisphere so it's the end of a
long working day here - brain's fried!)
Cheers,
RD

>>> Ken Deifik <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 18/07/2007 16:56:00 >>>

>Hmm...don't think I'd do that Ken. I'd reckon that after a certain
>amount (?) of time the plate and the reeds would reach the same temp.
>and there'd be no difference.

I'm the Sergeant Schultz of materials science, so I should just shut up
and
listen.

But I'm also the Gilligan of lots of stuff, so my mouth keeps going.
If
cold were to affect shape of the reeds in any way, wouldn't their very

thinness cause them to be more affected than the thicker plate?