Re: [Harp-L] re: so you want to be a harp player

Another example 'Londonderry Aire' (aka Danny Boy). It was a long time practice in the country western field to use FOUR harps for this tune. One for the head, one for the bridge, modulate up a semi one and a third for the head and the fourth for the finale. I have always used just TWO harps for this tune even with a key change, BUT someone doing it the 'old' way would need 4 harps.

Er...works for me on just one Paddy Richtered G harp...What key-change? Sounds like it could be a truck driver's key change to me. ;-)

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Tell Hotmail about an email that changed your life! http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/