Re: [Harp-L] Fender Super Reverb Mod

These aren't mods just for harp, but recommended anyway.

Three-wire cord.  Absolutely.  Maybe even a three-wire recepticle for
accessories on the back,

Restore the bias balance circuit to a true bias adjustment.  Then you can do
a true adjustment of the output tubes for the best harp tone.

The other stuff is just removing the parasitic suppressor caps (in the trash
can) and changing values of several caps and resistors.

And maybe something like this:  http://www.compu-bias.com/  would come in
real handy.

I have a Blackfaced '68 Super since 1972.
I use the clean channel for harp and put a 12AU7 in V1.  You can try any of
the 12A___7 family in there.
If you're going to use the Trem channel for harp, try different versions of
the 12A___7 in V2.

Swapping tubes in V1 and V2 is easy and you can swap tubes till you find
what you like.  There's no bias adjustment to worry about.

My Super still has the original CTS AlNiCos and sounds great.  I use it for
guitar and harp.  (I don't play both at the same time. =8^D)  If you're only
going to use it for harp, maybe a speaker change would make a difference.
But I wouldn't be able to give any advice on that.  Some 4x10 users like to
put several different types in there.  2 AlNiCos and 2 Ceramics etc.  Ted
Weber would know. So would Sonny Jr. probably.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!