Re: [Harp-L] Incorporating a band

Do what the Amway people do. Just get a business account in the band's name at the bank, with you as treasurer.

On Jul 12, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Ken Hildebrand wrote:

Probably easist thing to do is change the name of
the band to 'Cash'.

Ken H in OH

--- pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Greetings - anyone out there have practical advice
on incorporating a band?  We are in the season of
festival gigs and weddings - mostly we have been
getting checks made out to one of the band members
and distributing cash from that, but several checks
are made out to the band and we need a corporate
shell to deposit and disburse from.  An LLC?
Cost/benefit of incorporating?  Mostly interested in
what is easy and what has worked for others.

Harp content:  James Cotton played our Waterfront
Blues Fest here in Portland and he was amazing.  I
got to  hang out backstage with Lurrie Bell too -
was hoping to hear his Dad who was scheduled to
play, but sadly he passed before the tour.

Regards - Ross