[Harp-L] Re: controlling amp feedback

Over the years I've had my share of feedback problems and tried my share of gear-based solutions, from EQs to tube subs to pedal mods. But you want to know what gave me the best results? Learning to tongue block - which, in turn, prompted me to get a deeper, more resonant and - yes - louder acoustic sound.
Same thing when I learned to play overblows ..... by learning that technique, my overall tone became more full, no matter what technique I use. (Certainly a lot of credit too should go to Jerry Portnoy for his instructional CD set, which I purchased in 1998, and to Jason Ricci who was my teacher for a few years in South Florida).
Anyway, as your sound gets louder and more resonant, you can get fat amped tone with the amp or PA at a lower setting. The result? Less feedback. YMMV.
MN

Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!  http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2