Re: [Harp-L] Re: Chromatic player

I'm with you Sonny, that  sounds like a great idea.
                Randy

In a message dated 7/8/2007 10:03:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx writes:

The  felllow I met last night who could play the snot out of the chromatic
is
Charles  Spranklin, does anyone know him, heard him. He gets together  with
all the  diatonic/chromatic heavies from NYC once a week.  Gallison, you name
them, he's  there with them. He is well into his  70's, as I do not overblow,
it
was a very  humbling experience to  trade off with him. It has made me
seriously
considering  having my  harps built with the 5 draw up a half step, like Lee
does on his   harps, but he always takes the 3 blow up so it does not allow
the
blues  3/6  chord. That is if you want to stay somewhat traditional style, to

each their  own. I believe if you have that 5 draw raised a half  step, you
would then be  able to bend it back down, anyone shed any  light on that, I
know it
has to do  with the relation to the 5 blow  note.  Thanks