Re: [Harp-L] Re: controlling amp feedback

Frank Evers wrote:
.Am Samstag, 7. Juli 2007 schrieb Peter and Connie Ruth:
One way to control amp feedback is to put a Graphic EQ in between
the mcrophone and the amp.  This way you can decrease the
frequencies that feed back before they are amplified.

I don´t second this, swapping tubes at least V1 and probably also V2 is worth a try. V3 hosts phase inversion, changing it might require closer inspection.

Well, I don't see why not. Peter's statement was a true. If you attenuate the frequencies that cause oscillation (feedback) you can have a higher overall output without feedback. True enough, you can do tube swaps without changing bias networks to give an amplifier a different gain curve which "can" reduce feedback along with changing other gain characteristics. But attenuating the offending frequencies that cause an amplifier to break into oscillation goes directly to the heart of the matter without degrading other aspects of amplifier performance.

If you like some other method better, that's fine for you, but please don't try to give people the impression that selective frequency attenuation is not a valid method for fighting feedback, because it is. If I misunderstood "I don´t second this", never mind.

Peace and music,
Dave