[Harp-L] Re: SPAH and seminars

Hi, this is Sonny  Jr. - It was too late for me to get arrangements to have a
vendor's booth to  demo my new midsized powerhouse Cruncher amp, so I plan on
being there next year  if all goes well. I would also like to do 3 seminars
next year, Chicago, Dallas,  and one other city that I would like everyone's
input on, whether they would  attend those two cities or another possible city.
I do not have the means to  mass email thousands of harp players to try and
promote this, hopefully my new  website will be up soon with new amp and sound
bites. My seminars with be  doing my Sonny Terry seminar, and a full seminar on
amps in general, and also  will have the new amp with me to sell at a
discount so bring whatever you need  to. This will be a solo seminar, I want to run
it for two days, to be able to  work one on one for a short time with everyone
that attends, after the first day  of breaking down Sonny's style. I will
bring a CD player with many of his  signature songs and try and break down pieces
of them, as he had specific things  going on in each of these songs. We could
spend years trying to get one song  down right, as he never really followed a
12 bar progression, Brownie was never  recognized for being one of the
greatest acoustic guitar players to ever live,  seeing him live for two years made me
appreciate him. He had the ability to  effortlessly be either right with
Sonny, or one quarter step behind him, so when  Sonny changed, Brownie was right
there. How many have seen Brownie on his stool  with Polio play the guitar
perfectly behind his upsidedown behing his neck??  Memories I will share along
with my experiences with Sonny during the seminar.  These will be formal, and
completely informal and open, I feel it is my  obligation to the world to share
these first hand experiences with all of you,  and yes I hope to sell some amps
along with it. There are thousands of Chicago  style players, and only less
then 10 in the world who can actually understand  and play Sonny's style. I
have heard many on this list say, I learned Sonny's  style first then moved on.
Sorry, but it is so complex, you may Think you were  playing it, as I have
listened to everyone on this list from your websites, and  am myself still growing
with it. After 35 years and countless hours of talking  with Dave Barrett, I
have now discovered and am working on the TRUE way to  tongue block, the
approach, how the air comes in, how to shape your mouth, so  much of my seminar
will be about this and playing electric also. Everyone will  have a chance to
come up and play, they will get constructive ideas from either  myself or other
members of the seminar. I will bring a Sitting in with the  Greats CD to have
everyone play with. I need a minimum of 30 people to pull this  off. I have to
spring for the airfare, hotel for 3 days, and hotel conference  room for two
days, or one day, and will set my price accordingly. I do  understand guys like
Filisko, Tom Ball, Wiggins, Little Annie, Paul Lamb,  Madcat, have presented
their own great impressions of Sonny's style, I am the  only person who
actually played extensive harp duets with him and he taught  first hand for two
years. Time is ticking for me, I will not go into that, so I  feel the urgency to
pass this along. So please, email me personally with a shout  of a central
area you would attend, and I will plan and explore the costs. I do  not want to
have to ship the amp back with me, hence your being able to buy it  there for
less than you will ever be able to buy it new from me. I believe my  price
retail with the 2 x 10 setup ( I stayed away from any 8" speakers this  time, I
never wanted to hear, Great tone, BUT, concerning projection, and 8"  speakers
may give a nice breakup, but cannot project into the house and always  sound
the same), these 2 x 10's give tremendous bottom end, That Little Walter
recorded sound, but with a midpresence attached to them due to the circuit at  30 -
35 watts driving them, that you will hear behind you, it will get into  the
house, has line out, and all the features of the 410. As usual, this is more
simplified in tube swapping, you can either go up one tube gain, or down one to
play at lower volumes with same great tone if in a tight setting. It will
carry  Any room, the 410 will still be produced in a limited production, I have
200  customers who feel it was the best investment of their lives, so if you
have  that big two guitar need extra air to push, it is there. My first amps are
still  working perfectly after 13 years in the field, my reputation for
customer  lifetime service is part of buying an amp from me. I give tips on
playing,  mic'iing the amp, can sell the best vintage 50's CM or CR elements in
custom  shell only to my customers, stock the Danecho Delay, and always include the
 padded Tuki cover, plus any extra tubes for swapping and patch cable for
bridging the normal and bright channel. My price will always be higher due to
higher build costs, great builders like Scott of Meteor can do it all himself,
I  have a company using my custom parts building my amps, and I always take it
out  of the box and set each amp up personally and must play through each
one, sign  the bottom, and include the extra package and repack each one. Thank
you for  enduring such a long note, I do not post often, and there are two
separate  things I am trying to get across, so please email me personally about
either the  seminar or amp. Thank you everyone. Sincerely, Gary " Sonny Jr."
Onofrio.