Re: Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Re: Highbury Pub

On Jul 5, 2007, at 4:57 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

No need for you to apologize at all, Michael. Your and PT's listings were
accurate. My curiosity was of the gig list mentioning several people as
playing that night at somewhere called the Highway instead, clearly an error.

No, it IS a highway. The Highbury is down the highway. (I forget the route number)

I looked it up on their website too...it's listed as PUB and been written
up in the local Minneapolis papers with that designation as well as Lounge, as
well as simply The Highbury. Anyone disputing that info merely has to check
the following link:

_Click here: The Highbury Pub - Milwaukee’s Premier Soccer Establishment_

The Brewer's are a soccer team?

(http://www.thehighbury.com/) Sounds like a fun place to hang out for an
evening, especially for a Brit like me.

How do they feel about spaghetti benders (like me)?

John is, as usual, being a bit too literal in his corrections. We've had
several such discussions on Slidemeister before. The street name is also
misspelled from his checking of the website, so here is the final correct
information:

The Highbury Pub is at 2322 South KinnicKinnic Avenue,

KinnicKinnic KinnackKinnack PaddyPaddy WhackWhack.

Bay View, Wisconsin
(corner of Lincoln and KinnicKinnic), Phone 414-294-4400 (from their website).
Anyone planning to attend might want to do a mapquest from the Hotel and
remember to bring it from home (last time I forgot our map instructions in NY
so we got to the blow-off quite late - a comedy of errors), or get accurate
directions from the Hotel Staff upon arrival. Start time to be announced
later, or keep checking the website.

I did a Google Earth and it appears to be 11.25 miles south east of the hotel.

Personally, I do enjoy SPAH, but Jason Ricci's Harp Blow-Off on the Tuesday
night is such an incredible evening of camaraderie and the perfect
lead-in...SPAH wouldn't be remotely close to as much fun for me if he didn't plan
this as an Annual Event....and all on his own dime.

I love roaming the crowd and checking the looks on the faces as these 'honchos of the harp' do their stuff. The smile on Joe Filisko's & Buzz Krantz's faces are worth the trip.

I thank him from the bottom
of my heart for such  a fabulous experience.

You said it girl. I had been to blow offs in past years, but there's a different magnetism lately. I felt alive.

I do love that "Sir Jason of the Caffeine Ricci". Had me RotflmNYao. <G>
SO accurate. What would that boy ever have done without the discovery of
caffeine? Can't wait for the blow-off, now that it's coming together. Last
year's was phenomenal - what a brilliant evening...in no small part due to your
delicious saxophone playing. Jason's always one to surprise us, and I expect
nothing less this year ;)

Yes, Mike Peloquin was quite a surprise (to me). I knew he could play harp, but the sax part took me off guard. He did a King Curtis number (Soul Serenade) BETTER than King Curtis. I thought I was listening to an old Coasters album.

To quote PT: Be there or be rectangular, lol.

Whose P.T.? smokey-joe

Elizabeth

************************************** See what's free at http:// www.aol.com..