[Harp-L] SPAH Stuff...

My thoughts on the vending issue: There is a big difference between being a
corporate sponsor and a vendor at a convention. I have done a number of
conventions with my marketing company in the past. My hope is that the SPAH
decision makers keep an open dialog and be flexible on some of this. Bottom
line any vendor must pay at least some price of admission and they have to
be a business that will directly be in some way related to the most
wonderful instrument in the world.the HARMONICA! I would also encourage the
ability to share space. A  $200. space split by two companies makes for a
very reasonable $100. price of admission. These vending issues must be only
for legitimate businesses not just harp hobbyists. No offence to the
hobbyists but this is where the boundaries need to take place. Perhaps SPAH
will consider a "Flea market" area designated for all comers no matter what
they sell including harpers that have gear to sell or cd's  /tshirts to
peddle etc. That could be a mere $20 bucks a day type of fee. If one of the
SPAH issues is who will handle the logistics I am now publicly volunteering
to run the vending portion of SPAH other than the corporate sponsors. I make
this offer for 2008! This year we need to let things unfold just as the
universe is preparing for them to do so.

I also wanted to give a heads up / info on my "Blues for Breakfast" events
at SPAH this year. I want to start out by thanking the folks for asking me
to participate. I am humbled by the firepower that is on staff this year.
This is what I have planned: On Thursday and Friday mornings I will have a
room open from 9:30-11:00 am. This is for the early risers as well as the
"all nighters" who still can't get enough harmonica! Grab a cup of coffee
and come on in. I am looking to moderate a group discussion about all things
harmonica in relation to the blues. Perhaps seasoned players can share
insights, tips etc.and newbies can share questions and concerns about their
place in the blues music world and get some answers. All and all this will
be a spontaneous "improv" type of session. If at anytime we are short of
discussion material I will have in my possession my IPOD which is chock full
of blues music and around 200 blues backing/playalong tracks. I will also
have my new portable "boom box" type player that will connect to the IPOD.
So, if we ain't talkin' we will be jammin'! My main goal is to have a cool
place to hang out if you are indeed an early riser. In my past SPAH
experiences a few times even after a late night of partying I have found
myself up and at 'em early with a nice cup of coffee in hand but nowhere to
go. These sessions have huge potential if we get some participation. It will
be a great time to reflect and review on what has already happened at the
convention as well as discuss and share thoughts about what stuff lies ahead
that might be right on target for some. I am hoping for a nice mix of
veteran SPAH attendees and rookies! Won't you join Warren Bee and enjoy some
Blues for Breakfast in Milwaukee :-) I am even willing to buy a cup of joe
for any poverty stricken or cheapskate types that wander in!:-)

WBee