[Harp-L] Original ideas or mimics

It occurred to me in discussing performing artists that "beg/borrow/steal"
complete solos from others and use them in performance as, tacitly, their own,
that there is an entertainment industry and enjoyment of celebrity
impersonators  - people pay to see someone do someone else's act entirely, even
mimicking them.

I don't happen to enjoy these types of shows too much, always seeking out
the unique and original in an artist. However, plenty of others do. The only
difference may be that an Elvis impersonator rarely claims to be the true Elvis.
 It is all understood up front what is going on.

The Iceman