Re: [Harp-L] help..Speaker upgrades for Bassman RI

Some folks like to mix it up, putting a pair of AlNiCos and a pair of
ceramics in a 4x10.  That matters if you are going to mic the cabinet for
large gigs.  Having a mixture allows you to mic either one of the AlNiCos or
to mic one of the ceramics.  Always place the mic aiming NOT at the cone
center, but about half-way from the center to the edge.  Or to place the mic
a bit further away and pickup both.  So it pays to think about the mic'ing
of the amp.  If you have a mix of four different types then you really have
even more choices at gigs where to place the mic.

If you call Ted Weber, I'm sure he can help you decide which speakers to use
depending on the tone you are seeking.  765-452-1249  ted@xxxxxxxxxxxx  Ted
knows speakers!

Is the amp new?  Not played much?  The original speakers might have not been
"broken in."

I bought a Celestion for my Kalamazoo2 last December.  After playing it
regularly, it now is alot warmer and not nearly as "brittle" as it was when
I first put in in there.  Really noticable.

Play them every day for a while and see if they don't warm up some.

Speakers of a higher wattage just won't "break up" and will not add to the
grittiness of tone at higher volumes.  You want grit, otherwise you would
not have chosen a Bassman.  Right?

What do you plan to do with the take-outs?  wink, wink =8^D

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!