[Harp-L] Re: (Harp-L) plagarism

Glenn sez,,

> Give me your house, your car, and your wife. Oh, and all your money and
your
> firstborn son, too. What do you mean, you don't like my demand? Property
is
> theft, said Marx!
>
> That's what your post says, in essence.
> But there is, like it or not, such a thing as intellectual property, and
> artists are entitled to have thier work protected against theft. So when I
> see an artist steal another's work, like I did recently, I'm gonna use my
> 1st amendment free speech rights and cry foul. Little Walter deserves
credit
> for his unique wok, and you deserve to have your property and family
> protected from thieves and huns. It's that simple, dude. Somebody didn't
> respect that, so I spoke up.
>
> -Glenn

I'll reply to this onlist, as I've been addressed publicly.

I've no intention to continue the details of anything deemed "political", as
I've been asked not to do so by the listowner. I've no personal political
axe to grind, anyhoo. The land issue was just a parallel that I used to
identify one, or some of the issues involved in claims to "property".

As I like to "think out loud", I may touch on something at times that seems
to be "my opinion", when it is simply an addressing of one or the other
sides of an issue.

I've no affiliation with either side in the property battle, over just who
"owns" the U.S. of A., or who should be kept out, or kept in. I'm not
entirely sure of the legitimacy on either side. I just know that the laws
are made by those who make them, to be enforced by those with the power to
do so.

It'll all get sorted out in the wash, eventually.

As far as your request, I'm not letting you, nor any other take "my house,
my car, my wife,,", etc. Firstly, I doubt whether you'd want any of these,
and secondly, they're not "mine" to give.

The credit union owns my car. My brother-in-law owns my home, and my
wife,,well,,she's on loan from God. My firstborn son? I don't "own" him
either. All my money? Lotsa luck, I'm retired. You wouldn't get that much if
it were mine to give, which it's not.

If you need a few bucks,,let me know.

I don't actually "own" anything. I AM, however "owned" by someone, someone who gave his life for me. You might say I'm a slave. That takes a lot of the load off of me, in terms of decisions. I just do the bidding,,

What my post ACTUALLY says,,"in essence", is that the issues involved in
claims to property, intellectual or otherwise, are not as simple as they
seem, either morally, or legally. That's why we have attorneys, judges, and
courts, to sort out the details, and even then they don't always "get it
right", do they?

I've never looked at life as simply a time to "acquire" as much as possible, ending up with lots of "goodies" that are "mine". Leave that to the Bill Graham types.

I suppose I personally never looked at music as "property", until this issue
came up. That's why I never became a professional musician, as my parents
were. I see music as something to be used to bring people together, not into
court, but into a kind of mutual enjoyment, fun, pleasantry, involving
musical generosity, whatever you want to call it. Call me a "deadhead", just
don't call me late for dinner. If people saw music as a matter primarily of giving,
instead of taking, maybe we'd all be a lot better off. Things have become
way too commercialized, produced, packaged, etc. The whole thing is losing
heart, and becoming an empty show.

What was that joke,,a few hundred lawyers at the bottom of the ocean,,a good
start?

No offense to the attorneys in the crowd,,I like attorneys,,at least I like
invoking the word "attorney" whenever my boss at work gives me any
static,,haha.

I just think people are pretty damn litigious, over all, in this day and
age. That's why the courts are so overwhelmed.

See the article about the judge suing the dry cleaners for 54 million bucks
over his pants?

BL

p.s.,,I'm not a "Marxist" either. I'm an explorer.