[Harp-L] Hunter's pre-amp suggestion (was Need a little advice)

In a message dated 1/25/2007 12:36:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, richard
hunter writes:

I've gotten good results on some of my recordings with an ART MP tube
preamp, which
retails now for well under $100, and my AT 4050 CM5 mic.

I looked up ART preamps at musician's friend. Three are shown, all  under
$100.  One of them, the ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp, is on sale for  $30.
Lemme try to include the URL :
_http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=ART+MP+tube+preamp_
(http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=ART+MP+tube+preamp)
Richard, if u have time, could u tell us how your preamp is used with  other
devices (i.e., in what chain).  I'm a non-technical guy who at most,  just
uses a mic into a small amp, then i mic that into the PA.
ron