[Harp-L] Red Archibald RIP

Hey List--
My good friend and sometimes employer Red Archibald passed away on Dec 25th.
You can read about him here:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/01/07/MNARCHIBAL1.DTL

http://www.red-archibald.com/index.html

How can you not love a guy who writes a song called "If insanity runs in her family,
why's she not crazy about me?"

I played sax on a tune on Red's 1st album with the great Ronnie Earl. I taught Red to overblow. He got it in 5 minutes and ran with it. Strangely enough he had an Eb Golden Melody car harp that he used to hone his overblowing skills. Red was a good player and a kind giving person.

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com

Invite your Hotmail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us