Re: Re: [Harp-L] wanna be

Bobbie Giordano wrote:
> Many start out as 'wannabes' but later change focus and tap
> into their own artistic values to create themselves as originals.

I'd go on to say that virtually all of us start out as wannabes.  We
learn by stealing the licks from the greats.  We become an amalgam of
our influences until the whole begins to obscure the parts, and we
become our own, original.  Otherwise we end up playing in J. Geils
tribute bands the rest of our lives, and never move beyond "wannabe" to
original...

-tim